Length of the Adoption Process in Texas
What is the average length of the adoption process in Texas?
When you decide to adopt a child, this is probably one of the first questions you’ll ask.
Several factors play a role in the adoption timeline, but you can generally expect to wait anywhere from nine to 18 months when you adopt with American Adoptions of Texas.
If you’d like to start the adoption process today, call us now at 1-800-ADOPTION. We’d love the chance to talk with you about your adoption goals. You can also get free adoption information now when you contact us online . We’d love the chance to talk with you about your adoption goals.
Not ready to reach out yet? That’s OK. You can keep reading to learn more.
What Is the Length of the Adoption Process in Texas?
When you pursue private domestic adoption with American Adoptions, your wait time could be anywhere from nine to 18 months. Keep in mind that different types of adoption, including foster care adoption and international adoption, will have wait times that vary.
The Adoption Process [5 Things You Need to Know]
When you’re ready to start the adoption process, you’ll probably be surprised by just how much information there is to remember.
Your adoption specialist has helped many adoptive parents just like you, so they’ll be more than willing to guide you every step of the way.
With that being said, there are several things you need to know about the average length of the adoption process in Texas before you get started.
1. Your Home Study Is Important
Your home study will likely be one of the first things you’ll complete for the adoption. It’s also one of the most important parts of the process. Completing your home study efficiently will reduce the average length of the adoption process in Texas, so it’s important to schedule your home study appointments as soon as possible.
During your home study, your social worker will meet with you to talk about your adoption plan. They’ll discuss your parenting style and your personal history. All adults living in the home will also complete a background check.
One of the most important parts of a home study is completing your home inspection. This portion of the home study is designed to ensure that your home is safe for a child.
2. Completing Your Paperwork Is Essential
Although you may feel there is a lot of paperwork to complete, it’s important to turn in these forms and documents as promptly as possible. The sooner you complete your paperwork, the sooner you’ll be able to move forward with the adoption.
The length of the adoption process in Texas can vary based on how quickly you’re able to complete your paperwork.
3. You’ll Need to Be Honest about Your Expectations
Make sure you express your preferences and plan for your adoption. Remember that your adoption specialist can’t read your mind, so you’ll need to share what your hopes are.
Each prospective adoptive family is different, which means that each adoption looks different, too.
Let your adoption specialist know if:
- You have a preferred gender for your child
- If you’re open to transracial adoption
- Whether you’re willing to care for a child who may have a disability
If you have specific preferences, then let your specialist know so they can help you find the right match.Also, keep in mind that the more specific requests you have, the longer the length of the adoption process in Texas will be.
4. Matching Is One of the Most Incredible Feelings
When you receive a call from your adoption specialist that a prospective birth mother has chosen you, you’re probably going to experience a lot of different emotions all at once. Whether you feel nervous, excited or anxious, one thing is for certain: It will be one of the most memorable moments of your life.
5. Our Team Can Help You
Our team wants to help make your adoption experience a success. When you reach out, we’ll talk with you about how we can help make your adoption dreams a reality.
We have several goals when it comes to helping with your adoption journey:
- Reduce your adoption wait time – We want to help you match with a prospective birth parent as soon as possible, which is why we help you create a waiting family profile that showcases who you are.
- Minimize any delays – No one wants an adoption delay or disruption, so we offer support, communication and free, 24/7 counseling to prospective birth parents.
- Help you match with a prospective birth mother – We’ll help you find a prospective birth mother who matches exactly what you’re looking for.
- Guide you through the home study process – Completing a home study isn’t easy, so we want to be there for you every step of the way.
- Help you understand the ICPC process – If you adopt a child from another state, then you’ll need to wait for ICPC approval. We’ll help you understand the steps you need to take.
And, of course, we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have about the average length of the adoption process in Texas.
When you’re ready to get started, don’t wait.
Call our team at 1-800-ADOPTION or contact us online to get more free information now and start the adoption process.
We’d love the opportunity to help you build your family through adoption.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.